Last Updated: April 17, 2023
RockPorch provides RockPorch Platform a web-based social community platform (the “RockPorch Platform”) for outdoor enthusiasts who wish to share (collectively, the “Creators”) information, content and products that they love and want to share with other outdoor enthusiasts (collectively, the “Enthusiasts”). For the purposes of the GDPR, RockPorch is considered the personal data controller. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we use the personal data that we hold. We are a Delaware corporation registered in the United States with an office at 6125 Luther Ln, #210, Dallas, TX 75225.
The GDPR applies to you if you are located in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom or Switzerland (an “EEA Individual”).
This policy describes the types of personal data we may collect from you or that you may provide when you create an account or you access or use the RockPorch Platform, the Site, the other RockPorch Services or any of the other features, functions, services, and products and products, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that personal data.
This policy applies to information we collect or may collect:
- In applying to be a Creator.
- In registering and creating an account to access and use the RockPorch Platform.
- In accessing and using the RockPorch Platform, the Site and the other RockPorch Services.
- When you purchase any Products.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages or other content sent through or use of the RockPorch Platform, the Site and the other RockPorch Services.
- Through services provided to us or to you by third-party companies, agents or contractors.
It does not apply to personal data collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by RockPorch or any third party; or
- Any third party.
Minors under the Age of 18
None of the RockPorch Services are intended for minors under 18 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information on or through the RockPorch Platform, the Site or the other RockPorch Services. We do not knowingly collect personal data from minors under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through any of the RockPorch Platform, the Site or any of the other RockPorch Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name, username you may use or any pictures of you. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from a minor under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a minor under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Data We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect or may collect several types of personal data from and about you and other users of the RockPorch Platform, the Site and the other RockPorch Services, including:
- For both Creators and Enthusiasts, personal data by which you may be personally identified, such as name, username and e-mail address;
- For Creators, information about their other social accounts (e.g., Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc.), their follower accounts and why they want to be a Creator;
- This is done by way of third party integrations, including, but not limited to, YouTube API Services when you authorize and use the RockPorch Platform, the Site, or any of the other RockPorch Services.
- Information regarding Products that you may have purchased through the RockPorch Platform;
- Device, internet and mobile information such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information;
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the date and time of visit;
- IP address;
- When you report a problem with the RockPorch Platform or any of the other RockPorch Services;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us; and/or
- Details of transactions you carry out through the RockPorch Platform, the Site and any of the other RockPorch Services.
We collect this personal data:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through or use the RockPorch Platform, the Site or any of the other RockPorch Services.
- From third parties, such as our university partners, business partners and other third parties that provide us or you with certain services.
Certain transactions may also involve you calling us or our calling you. Please be aware that we may monitor, and in some cases, record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
Personal Data Minimization
We take every reasonable step to limit the volume of your personal data that we process to what is reasonably necessary.
We do not Engage in Automated Decision-making without Human Intervention
We do not use automated decision-making without human intervention, including profiling, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or otherwise significantly affects you.
Consequences of not providing Personal Data
You are not required to provide all personal data identified in this policy to use our Site or to interact with us offline, but you will not able to use the RockPorch Platform or post Content if you do not provide the required personal data. In addition, if you do not provide the personal data, we may not be able to respond to you.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
Do Not Track Policy
Your web browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. We do not honor any web browser “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable personal data about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. At present, no universally accepted standards exist on how companies should respond to do-not-track signals. In the event a final universally accepted standard is established, we will assess and provide an appropriate response to these signals.
Third-party Responsibilities and Services.
We may use or partner with other third-party companies, agents or contractors for various purposes in connection with our business and operations (“Service Providers”), including, the Affiliated Retailers, sending marketing communications, collecting and storing personal data, social media marketing, relationship building, the marketing and growth of our business and the performance of services on our behalf, such as gathering and analyzing information and the provision of services to you. In the course of performing these responsibilities and providing such services, these other companies may have access to your personal data. We may also share personal data, including your personal data, with these Services Providers in order to enable them to perform these responsibilities and to provide these services. These Services Providers may have adopted their own privacy policies, which are not subject to control by RockPorch. You should always review the policies of these Service Providers to make sure that you are comfortable with the ways in which they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your personal data. We do not list our current Service Providers because they change from time to time. If you would like the names of any of Service Providers, please email us at email@example.com. The Service Providers may also transmit cookies to your computer or device when you click on ads that appear on or through the Service.
As a convenience to you, we may now or in the future also provide links to the Affiliated Retailers and other third-parties from within the Site or the other RockPorch Services . If you click on one of these links, you will be redirected to that third-party’s site (via affiliate cookies) and such third party may also transmit cookies to you. We do not have any control over that or how they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your personal data. Please be aware that cookies placed by third parties may continue to track your activities online even after you are no longer using any of the RockPorch Services, and those third parties may not honor “Do Not Track” requests you have set using your web browser.
How We Use Your Personal Data
- Where the use of your personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you or pursuant to which we are providing services to you or on your behalf;
- Where the use is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party);
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- Where you have given your consent (which can be withdrawn at any time).
We use personal data that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you access and use of the RockPorch Platform.
- To enable Creators to post Creator Content and Products on the RockPorch Platform.
- RockPorch enables Creators’ to access and import content that they own on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook, which will be stored and shared on RockPorch.
- To provide the Site, the other RockPorch Services and the content that is on it to you.
- For login and security associated with the RockPorch Platform.
- To process and complete transactions, including the purchase of any Products.
- To ensure compliance with the Terms.
- To provide technical and other support to you.
- To track your usage of the RockPorch Platform and the other RockPorch Services.
- To send you news or information about us that may be of interest to you.
- To enable Service Providers to perform certain responsibilities and provide certain services in connection with the RockPorch Platform and our business and operations.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the RockPorch Platform, the Site and the other RockPorch Services.
- For quality control and to improve the RockPorch Platform and the other RockPorch Services.
- To enhance the safety and security of the RockPorch Platform and the other RockPorch Services.
- To verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Some of the personal data that we collect automatically is statistical personal data and does not include personal data, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties or you provide to us. It helps us to improve the RockPorch Platform, the Site and the other RockPorch Services, and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and better understand usage patterns.
- Store personal data about your preferences, enabling us to customize the Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the RockPorch Platform and the Site.
Storage and Transfer of Your Personal data
We may store any data or other information that we collect (personal or otherwise) ourselves or in databases and servers owned and maintained by us, our affiliates, agents or Service Providers. If you access or use the RockPorch Platform, the Site or any of the other RockPorch Services outside of the United States, information that we collect about you may be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of countries located in the European Economic Area and other parts of the world unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law or agreed by RockPorch and you. By allowing RockPorch to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of such information without restriction. We may also store some information locally on your computer or other devices. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the RockPorch Platform or the Site and view content faster.
Although users from all over the world may access the RockPorch Platform, the Site or any of the other RockPorch Services, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to the United States and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- To Service Providers, contractors and other third parties we use to support the RockPorch Platform and our business but only to the extent necessary for them to provide this support.
- To a potential or actual buyer, assignee or other successor (including its related advisors and agents) in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of RockPorch’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by RockPorch about users of the Site and the other RockPorch Services is among the assets that may be or are actually transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the personal data.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal data:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of RockPorch, our customers, developers, users or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Data
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your personal data:
- Promotional Offers from RockPorch. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by RockPorch to market or otherwise promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out through the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of the applicable email. This opt-out does not apply to personal data provided to RockPorch as a result of a service or product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your personal data to serve interest-based advertising. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may also use TRUSTe’s Preference Manager at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com.
Our Legal Bases for Handling Your Personal Data
GDPR and the laws in some other jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal bases that they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent that those laws apply, we rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal data:
- Performance of a contract: In most cases, we collect and use your personal data and other information to meet our obligations under a contract to which you are a party or pursuant to which we are providing services to you. For example, when you use the RockPorch Platform or any of the other RockPorch Services, we will use your personal data to respond to your requests and to provide you with these services.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your personal data information for our legitimate interests on the grounds that it furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities (but only to the extent that such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals) including:
- Analyzing and improving the RockPorch Platform, the other RockPorch Services and our business
- Providing the services pursuant to our contracts with our customers
- Legal compliance: We may use and disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations under European or Member State law or other applicable law.
- Consent: To the extent required by law, and in certain other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of implied or express consent.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data
You may change, correct or delete any personal data that you have provided to us through your profile page.
In addition to deleting your data through your profile page, you may also revoke the RockPorch Platform, the RockPorch Site, and RockPorch Services from accessing your Google account data by visiting the Google security settings page at: https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Evolved Outdoors, Inc., 6125 Luther Ln, #210, Dallas, TX 75225.
European Privacy Rights for EEA Individuals.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your personal data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal data. You can also exercise the right by contacting us directly.
If you are an EEA Individual and GDPR applies and we hold your personal data in our capacity as a controller, you may request that we:
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain personal data (including, in some cases, in portable form);
- Prevent the processing of your personal data for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling);
- Update personal data that is out of date or incorrect;
- Delete certain personal data which we are holding about you; provided that the personal data is not required by us for (i) compliance with a legal obligation under European or Member State law or other applicable law or (ii) the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim;
- Object to our processing of personal data;
- Restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your personal data except to the extent that processing is required (i) to comply with a legal obligation under European Member State law or applicable law or (ii) for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Transfer your personal data to a third party to the extent that this is technically feasible; and
- Honor a revocation of your consent for the processing of your personal data (without retroactive effect).
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period required by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain personal data may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your personal data for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with additional information to confirm your identity before responding to your request. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the authorities applicable to your situation, though we invite you to contact us with any concern, as we would be happy to try to resolve it directly. You may also have the right to make a GDPR complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
If you are an EEA Individual in France, you also have the right to set guidelines for the retention and communication of your personal data after your death.
If you reside in a jurisdiction other than the European Economic Area, you may also have similar rights to the above. Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to exercise one of these rights, and we will comply with any request to the extent required under applicable law.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Evolved Outdoors, Inc., 6125 Luther Ln, #210, Dallas, TX 75225.
How Long We Store Your Personal Data
We will only retain your personal data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for. We will retain and use your personal data as necessary to satisfy any legal, accounting or reporting requirements, to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements and rights. To dispose of personal data, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Personal data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
Personal Data Security
We understand that the security of your personal data is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal data. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective. RockPorch cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal data. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the RockPorch Platform, the Site or the other RockPorch Services.
© Copyright 2021 Evolved Outdoors, Inc.